Cymer is a semiconductor company that manufactures and services light sources for chip manufacturers worldwide. Chip manufacturing is an extremely high-volume industry, and even an hour of downtime can cost companies >$250,000 in lost production.
Cymer hired Analytica to streamline the transformation of various field service event data sources to a robust KPI dashboard. Analytica was able to leverage Denodo and Spotfire to provide business leaders with a single source of truth for quickly evaluating field diagnostic system usage and performance trends.
- Enable business stakeholders to track field service performance based on factors such as site, territory, account, guided diagnostic system usage, service request number, etc.
- Allow the leadership team to quickly identify performance trends in order to prioritize field service improvement efforts.
- Retired numerous siloed SharePoint and Excel KPI reports, and established a standardized single source of truth for reporting.
- Utilized data virtualization methods through Denodo to access various data sources including SQL Server, CSV exports, SharePoint, etc.
- Developed Spotfire visualization to track field service performance trends related to utilization, resolution, coverage, effectivity, and status/backlogs.